Thursday, August 21, 2008

Peritonsillar Abscess

The past couple of days I developed a very sharp pain in my throat. A visit to Student Health was unsuccessful, they did nothing. Then the next day (yesterday) it got much worse, to the point that I couldn't speak well or swallow. So, I went to the ER. 6 hours later, they did a computed tomographical scan of my neck and determined that I had a peritonsillar abscess. Then at 2:30am, they performed the surgery to remove it and then I went home feeling much, much better. And, they gave me a bottle of vicodin. To drink. Yeah, it's pretty good stuff.

In other news, I've recently discovered one of the funniest blogs I've seen. FAIL Blog. If you've never seen it before, definitely check it out. There's enough posts on there to combat hours of boredom. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment